The Prouty Times

• January 12Congrats Lady Panthers on your 48-46 win against Uxbridge!

• January 3Congratulations to Boys' Basketball on their 62-35 win vs. North Brookfield

Haley Deane

Jon Hidenfelter

Name:Haley Deane

Graduation year 2017

Q:Did you go to college, military, service, job?

A:I chose to attend the Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts in North Adams, MA.

Q:What was it like going from the High School life to the adult life?

A:Going from high school to adult life was very tough for me. I’m far away from home and it was very different from what I expected.

Q:In college/job/service, was it easy to get settled down and find where you fit in?

A:It was pretty easy for me to settle in and memorize my schedule though, and I have an amazing group of friends who make me so happy.

Q:Were there hiccups, or struggles along the way?

A:There have been a few struggles, and one of them is the anxiety of not being close to home. I miss my family and my friends very much.

Q:What’s your favorite thing about being out of high school?

A:My favorite thing about not being in high school is that I have classes at different times of the day, and not one continuous school day. On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, I only have two classes and the rest of my day I can do whatever I want (which most likely includes napping). 

Q:Any advice for current students at DPHS?

A:My advice for current students at DPHS is that you don’t have to know what you want to do right away. You can come into college undecided and taking core classes will help you figure out what you want to do. Also, be prepared to take lots and lots of notes. College is easy if you manage your time, and there are many places you can go to get help. Lastly, it’s okay if halfway through the semester you think “I don’t think I want to go to school here anymore.” It is perfectly okay to transfer if you think that it will be better for your mental health and happiness. 

Q:What was your best memory from Prouty?

A:My best memories from Prouty were always at sports events. I loved the intensity of the basketball games, and especially loved sitting on the picnic tables with my friends on chilly football game nights. Soccer games were really special to me because I loved watching my best friends play. 

“Finally I would just like to say Thank You to my teachers for being so kind and supportive through my high school career. I wouldn’t be here without you!”

1 Comment

One Response to “Haley Deane”

1. Danielle Deane on October 17th, 2017 7:51 am

I love you.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The Student News Site of David Prouty High School
Haley Deane